Charging Enforcement feature tracks events/data/volume & bandwidths to create xDR or call flows for real time data capture to feed either convergent charging and billing systems, or external DataBase for analytics and Business Intelligence solutions.
Advanced traffic metering
Vedicis Usage Metering service generates smart Data Records (xDR) or real time call flows (supporting Gx metering, Gy), depending on user profiling/charging requirements. 3 types of criteria may be choosen for metering:
- user information: IP/Ports, VLANs, and for mobile operators MSISDN/IMEI/IMSI/Device/User agent (Web browser+OS)
- usage and APPs information: Applications/protocols/URLs/Sessions/Virtual Networks (consumer traffic, corporate traffic...)/V-lines(network bottlenecks)
- Network and location information: IP/Ports, Hostnames - OTT, AS/countries, CellIDs
Various parameters like number of sessions, bandwidth per APPs, or volume quota are available to create thresholds and triggers for data charging.
Programmable xDRs/real time call flow generation
Enriched set of information with pre-agregation
xDR or call flows are triggered on demand, and are set to contain multiple parameters resulting from multiple traffic counters. An xDR may then include Facebook volume, Youtube or video volume, and VoIP volume at the end of a user session for postpaid customers.
This reduces immediately the number of call flows/xDR and the diameter signaling. As such, it prevents diameter signaling storm, and call flows increase is not parallel to the traffic growth, but with the number of events that needs to be created for charging...
Configuration and interfaces for fast integration and straight forward operation
The configuration of this set of information is directly available from a GUI to ease data metering set-up and operation. These enriched tickets or call flows are provided with standard or customizable interfaces to third party components:
- Business Intelligence solutions, Customer Experience Management systems
- Prepaid or online charging solutions (OCS)
- Postpaid or offline charging solutions (OFCS).
Current available APIs support 3GPP standards and include Gx, Gy, Gz, and equivalent interfaces for LTE ecosystem. File format may be tuned as well. For instance, Netflow based file format with Vedicis specific fields for additional information may be used.