Vedicis software platform delivers Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and Policy/Charging Enforcement solutions & enables MNOs and ISPs to reap the benefits of SDN and NFV - NOW.
Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) represent massive trends in today’s telecom infrastructure with the end of specialized hardware systems (the end of Hardware Defined Networks) and the adoption of powerful software platforms that are deployed on standard Commercial-Off-The-Shelves platform, mainly x86 servers.
Vedicis platform leverages Linux strengths to deliver a critical flexibility to deploy standard APIs or develop new ones for integration in telco’s ecosystem such as BigData, OSS and BSS platforms with
- Features modularity
- Standard 3GPP interfaces or customized API
- Open Linux platform to integrate with any ISV’s solution
- Leverage KVM for virtualization and VNF.
- Support of 2G/3G/LTE/Wifi/Wimax/Cable/FTTH/xDSL access technologies
Vedicis platform belongs to the “Software Defined“ approach that removes traditional bottlenecks from appliances where many features are “hard coded“. Key advantages include:
- Configuration, ease of customization and programmability ,
- Fast time to market
- GUI based management
- With high availability for traffic security and redundancy.
Deployed on Intel servers, Vedicis software platform manages broadband traffic without compromise
- Latency below 30 micro seconds
- Up to 80 Gbps of throughput managed on a standard 2U server
- Support of 2 million of simultaneous users (and more depending on RAM size)
- Support of .5 million of new sessions per second
Low Hardware Footprint
Vedicis software is deployed on standard Intel servers that have demonstrated their capabilities to be used in highly requiring telecom environment.
- 1U, 2U or blade servers
- HP (Proliant, Blade System) and IBM (xSerie, Blade Center) servers
- 1 single server to manage multi-10 GbE traffic
- No proprietary hardware