Today, Mobile Network Operators (MNO) have to cope with complex and multi-faceted challenges:
- New services must be launched to increase ARPU, especially when competitive pressure tends to commoditize current offers,
- Entry price points are needed to sustain market penetration
- New data usage growth is putting high pressure on the networks and impacts badly Quality of Experience, thus fostering churn.
Vedicis Content Smart Switch delivers the most efficient and cost effective solution to implement Tiered Services with user policy control and charging enforcement.
It empowers carriers to create new data offering segmentation with
- Precise user control and access to APPs according to service entitlement
- APPs defined from AS, port, hostname, or more than 1000+ protocols and applications
- Traffic metering (volume & time) for charging
- Capped or uncapped volume (uplink and/or downlink)
- Multiple volume and events control:
- >10 counters per user (uplink and/or downlink, APPs, sessions…) for precise online charging
- Programmable events creation (per APP or user session, URL, APP volume or time limits).
- Real time bandwidth and volume limitation per user and APPs
- at peak time/desired time slots.
- including APP per user access for new service packages
- Tethering control
- smartphone as a hot spot for other smartphones
- smartphone as a modem for PCs, tablets
Benefits for Telecom Carriers
Create visible market differentiation with new service offering and improved QoE:
Monetize access to OTTs and increase ARPU
- Support segmented offering with differentiated services
- Create data entry packages with limited volume and limited numbers of APPs
- Create premium data packages with all APPs, and capped volume to unlimited volume.
Improve Quality of Experience and Limit Churn
- Mitigate congestion with real time bandwidth management features per user:
- supporting guaranteed bandwidth for time sensitive traffic
- control bandwidth intensive APPs
- activated during congestion
- Limit impacts of heavy bandwidth users
- Implement user bandwidth fairness
- Prioritize profiles according to subscription packages.
Gain new subscribers
- Define new entry packages to address new customer segments
- Accelerate Time To Market with rapid integration and deployment cycle
- Use flexible profile creation and set-up to respond to competition.
Simplicity & speed for integration and deployment
- Software platform for standard Intel servers, without specific user provisioning
- 3 months vs 6-12 months for proprietary HW based solutions.
- Deployment on Gi or Gn.
- Association of users to a profile via multiple means: network based (VLAN, GTP) from Radius or PCRF if used.
- No additional subscriber database.
- Integration with prepaid and post paid, with support for legacy charging servers or Gy compliant OCS.
- 3GPP interfaces support.
Cost efficiency and performance
- low CAPEX/OPEX : SW approach & evolution
- Low integration cost :fast implementation, rich set of APIs
- Broadband management with 40Gbps/ 2M users per 2U system